This weekend Pilates & movement educator Rebekah Rotstein will present her Buff Bones℠: Osteoporosis in Depth workshop, an essential component in continuing education for all Pilates instructors. The impact of osteoporosis is ubiquitous; it is the cause of bone fractures for 1 in 2 women and 1 in 4 men over age 50. In addition to covering anatomy, pathology, management & treatment, Rebekah will also address the following:
- why osteoporosis needs to be considered in every single mat class
- why bone density is only part of the whole picture of bone health
- why young women need to protect their bones just as much as the elderly
- how to most effectively strengthen bones
- how to improve balance through hip placement
The workshop will take place Saturday & Sunday, 4/26 & 4/27: 9am-5pm and is worth 14 Kane School & PMA CEC hours. Sign up today before it fills up!